Micro Gardening in Small Spaces
Many people have the challenge of gardening in small spaces. If you’re short on time, space, energy or money, don’t despair! There are many options you can try, even if you have limited room to grow a garden.
Urban gardeners with a windowsill, indoor pot, balcony, verandah, courtyard or not-so-squeezy backyard can all grow incredible edibles for the kitchen table, fragrant cut flowers or vibrant colour, privacy screens and much more.
Whether you’re a beginner gardener or a ‘green thumb’, on this site you’ll learn tips and tricks about everything relating to gardening in small spaces including:
- Inspiring design ideas to make the most of the space you do have;
- Troubleshooting common problems;
- Container gardening and creative container ideas including repurposed planters;
- Portable gardens for those on the move and vertical gardens to maximise space;
- Practical advice on how to grow and fun ideas for gardening with kids;
- How to save money with MYO (make your own) garden projects;
- Maintaining your garden; and
- Garden themes for small spaces.
Most of us live busy lives in urban locations with limited time and energy to spend on the dream of a healthy beautiful garden. One that seems to grow effortlessly almost on its own. One that costs us virtually nothing; produces incredible volumes of food; flowers; fragrance; and enviable looks from visitors but takes little time to maintain! (more…)