Looking for some inspiration for DIY plant labels? Plant markers are quick and easy to make. Try repurposing everyday items like pebbles, bamboo skewers, corks, containers, shells, cans and even broken terracotta pots. There are loads of creative ideas and I’ve rounded up 20 low cost and decorative options to inspire you to make your own DIY plant labels.
My husband, however … let’s just say (kindly) that he gets somewhat ‘confused’ when so many plants look similar in the garden!
Plant labels are a must if you:
- are growing food (and are reliant on family members to pick your produce)!
- have UFOs (Unidentified Food Objects) in your garden.
- are learning to identify plants or save seeds.
- share an allotment.
- grow perennial root crops like ginger, turmeric or yakon and don’t want to accidentally dig them up.
- want to avoid losing your bulbs every year!