Superfoods are crops that provide you with the maximum nutritional value. A Superfood Nutrition Garden makes a lot of sense if you want to grow good health! This easy-to-understand laminated fold-out 8-page full-colour Guide is an ideal reference. It provides a summary of 24 outstanding foods to grow and their nutritional and health benefits. Scroll down to learn more…
Nutrition Garden Guide – 24 Superfoods to Grow
Superfoods Nutrition Garden Guide
Are you interested in the nutrient value of the foods you eat? If you have limited space, time and energy to grow food, it’s important to eat and grow crops that provide you with the maximum nutritional value. So, the Superfood Nutrition Garden makes a lot of sense! Learn which foods stand out in what they offer you in terms of vitamins, minerals and health benefits.
Growing your own Superfoods has many benefits, financially saving you money on food and potential medical bills as well as improving your health. Each of the 24 vegetables presented in this Guide is easy to grow in all climate zones. Many of these superfoods can be grown in containers and on balconies and even as microgreens. The nutritional information provided illustrates how healthy these foods are. Regular consumption provides all the nutrients and vitamins required for vitality and wellbeing. Spinach, kale and pumpkins are outstanding storehouses of goodness. All 24 vegetables will assist with weight loss and maintenance.
One of the things I love about this Guide is the % Daily Value (DV) data. For example, a 91g serving of broccoli provides 123% of the recommended daily intake of Vitamin C; 115% of the DV of Vitamin K; and 11.3% of Vitamin A. An easy way to build your immune system! Broccoli contains sulforaphane, a study-documented anti-cancer compound. The chart goes into detail with a summary of some of the medicinal and health benefits, serving size in grams, calories, GI (glycemic index) and glycemic load. It tables the best months to sow each of the 24 superfoods in tropical, subtropical, temperate and cold climates. The chart provides information on average germination days, sowing depth, row and plant distance, best moon phase, time to reach maturity for harvest and sowing methods.
Benefits of Growing your own Superfoods
- Food grown organically at home is environmentally-friendly and has zero food miles.
- It provides certainty of origin. You have confidence the food is safe and nutritious to eat rather than chemically-treated.
- Ensures the absence of agricultural chemical poisons and unsustainable farming practices.
- In addition, you have absolute control when to harvest your food. You can pick your food when it is at its peak of ripeness and flavour. So it’s on your plate when it’s freshest.
- Garden-ripened vegetables have more nutrients than supermarket vegetables. Commercially grown veggies are often picked early, are in long term cold storage and usually shipped long distances.
- You don’t have to pay high prices for organically grown produce.
All good reasons to grow your own nutritious Superfood Garden.
|Dimensions||195 × 275 × 2 mm|