To help you plan and grow a healthy productive edible garden this year, I invite you to dig into my new article and the following tips.
10 Tips to Grow More Food in a Small Garden
In my latest article, you’ll learn some of the ways I grow a highly productive garden in a compact space. I share small garden design tips, ways to use shady spots, space saving plant varieties + more. I hope these tips will help you optimise harvests in your kitchen garden.
Potting Mix Q&A
If you’re a container gardener, you probably have some plants growing in old potting mix. Can you even remember how long they’ve been in there?!
Maybe you’ve got ‘dead dirt’ lying around in old pots and not sure what to do with it. If you’ve invested money in your potting mix and it’s not performing, it’s too valuable to throw away.
Have you ever wondered:
- Can you revitalise and refresh old potting mix? If so, how?
- How do you know if or when to re-pot your plants?
- What can you do if your potted plants have had pests or diseases?
- How can you tell if your potting mix is water repellent?
- Are there any ways you can reuse tired old potting mix? If so, how?
Now is a good time to do an ‘audit’ of your pots and get the answers to these questions and more! That means checking the condition of your plants, soil and pot hygiene.
To help you, I’ve developed a 10 Tip Checklist so you can confidently make the best decisions going forward.
Planning and Designing your Garden
Need a little help with planning, setting goals and design ideas for your garden? Check out the posts on my Facebook page this month for inspiring photos to whet your appetite. Dig into these articles too!
- Why a Garden Journal is Your Most Valuable Tool
- 17 Garden Goals for Your Health and Wellbeing
- Design Tips for a Productive Kitchen Garden
Sowing and Preparing to Plant
Ready to get started? Take a shortcut to success with these tips and tutorials.
- Seed Starting Guide: Quick Tips for Starting Seeds Successfully
- Easy Guide to Growing Microgreens
- 3 Steps to Prepare Your Garden for Planting
- New Season Garden Planting Tips
- Easy DIY Potting Mix Recipe
- How to Make Potting Mix Guide (Laminated for easy use with a whiteboard marker)
- Subtropical Planting Guide (Laminated for easy use with a whiteboard marker)
- Moon Calendar (Perpetual – buy once/use forever and works anywhere in the world)
- Microgreens Growing Guide Chart
- Garden Journal Planner & Workbook (Perfect for planning your 2019 garden)
- eBooks, Special Offers and Gift Vouchers in my Shop.
When you make a purchase, you are making a difference by helping support my education work to teach people how to grow healthy food.
Affiliate Links: Your support of this site is appreciated!
Dig into my free online Article Library for more topics
Click here to VIEW ALL ARTICLES
Want more inspiring ideas?
Each week I share photos and videos of what I’m growing, harvesting and eating from my garden and ways I use my homegrown food. Follow me for more tips and inspiration in between newsletters.
I look forward to sharing more news and ways to grow good health next month.
Like this article?
Please share and encourage your friends to join my free Newsletter for exclusive insights, tips and all future articles.
© Copyright Anne Gibson, The Micro Gardener 2019. https://themicrogardener.com. All rights reserved.
Some links within this newsletter are affiliate links. I only recommend products or services I use personally or believe will add value to my readers. If you purchase a product via an affiliate link, I will earn a small commission (and I mean REALLY small)! There is no additional cost to you. It’s a way you can support my site, so it’s a win-win for both of us. You directly support my ability to continue bringing you original, inspiring and educational content to help benefit your health. Thanks! Please read my Disclosure Statement for more details.